Vinyl - Simply WOW!
Do you have kids? Pets? Are you looking for a floor that will look great and stand up to both? At Vandehaar Flooring we are very excited about the versatility, benefits, and fantastic visuals of Luxury Vinyl.
Luxury vinyl allows you to enjoy the look of hardwood or tile but with warmth and water resistance. The easy care vinyl surface offers durability and dent/scratch resistance and can be installed over almost any surface. While we offer professional installation, luxury vinyl is a DIY friendly product.
Vinyl has really changed the flooring story, and there are not adequate words to describe how versitile it is or how fantastic it looks.
Come in and let us introduce you to your next floor!
We carry a wide variety of luxury vinyl plank (LVP) in stock everyday at very competitive prices.
Life happens, with luxury vinyl you are ready for it!
Care and MaintenanceTHE DO’S AND DON’TS OF Vinyl CARE
While luxury vinyl floors are brilliant performers, they aren’t indestructible. You can help maintain their strength and lasting beauty by following these general guidelines, and helpful Do’s and Don’ts to keep in mind when cleaning your Luxury vinyl floors
- Do vacuum and sweep your floor frequently, especially in high-traffic areas.
- Do keep pets’ nails trimmed and their paws free of dirt, gravel, grease, oil, and stains.
- Do use protective window coverings to block damaging UV rays and excessive heat from direct sunlight, and rearrange rugs and furniture periodically to help your floor age evenly.
- Do remove shoes with spiked or damaged heels before walking on floor.
- Do clean with a mild vinyl floor cleaner
- Do not wet-mop, damp-mop, or clean your floor with vinegar.
- Do not use steam cleaners.
- Do not use oil soaps, liquid or paste wax or other household products containing oil (such as citrus, lemon or tung oil), silicon,add vinegar, or ammonia to clean floor.
- Do not apply grout sealer to luxury vinyl, vinyl based grouts
Do not use harsh cleaning aids such as steel wool pads, any scouring pads containing metal or scouring powders.
- Do not use 2-in-1 cleaners with polish that may contain acrylics or urethane polish to restore gloss.
A CLEAN ROUTINE
Vacuum or sweep with a soft-bristle broom regularly, especially before using floor cleaners, to prevent gritty dirt and particle buildup that can scratch the wood’s surface. Don’t use vacuums with a beater bar or power rotary brush head. Wipe up spills and spots immediately. Use ice to harden tough substances such as candle wax or chewing gum and then gently scrape with a plastic scraper, such as a credit card. Be careful not to scratch the flooring surface. Wipe area clean with a soft, slightly damp cloth.
FLOOR MATS PROTECT YOUR FLOORS
High-quality floor mats at entrances and exits are key to reducing wear. They collect and trap all the corrosive substances that can be tracked in from outdoors, including dirt, sand, grit, oil, asphalt, or even driveway sealer. Also use mats in areas of constant pressure, such as in front of vanities, kitchen sinks and stoves.
PROTECTIVE PADS ON FURNITURE — A MUST
Attach felt or similar protective pads to all furniture legs, particularly heavy pieces. When you’re moving furniture, appliances or other heavy objects, use a dolly; never slide or roll anything across the floor. If furniture has hard plastic or metal casters/wheels, use protective mats underneath.